Thursday, July 06, 2006

You may recall from about a month and a half ago the dishcloth set that I started making for my grandmother and my aunt for Mother's Day/Birthday. I finally finished one of the dishtowels, and it is looking highly unlikely that I will do another one due to the fact that it was incredibly boring. I would post a picture of the finished towel, but as it progressed my gauge got looser and looser and the finished product looks more like a trapezoid than a rectangle. *sigh*

I joined up with Project Finish Knit about 2 weeks ago. I usually don't have a problem finishing what I start, as mostly it is dishcloths! But for some reason I couldn't bring myself to work on that stupid towel or the poncho that I am making for Brinn. I hate the yarn that I am using for the poncho as it is novelty from Hobby Lobby and makes my fingers feel very yucky after I've knit about 4 rows. (I am very particular about the way my hands feel.) Therefore, I have been MAKING myself work on the poncho. 5 rows per day, that is all that I am willing to give.

Last Tuesday I drug Knit Wit along to Tupelo for the Hobby Lobby sale. I wanted to get some of the (yarn snobs look away now) $.99 Simply Soft for a Modern Baby Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting. I started it when we got home that night because I am really excited to make one, but I am still on the first square! I am nervous about picking up stitches, but I have convinced myself that this should be no different than crochet, so I am planning to tackle it this evening.

Knit Wit also finagled a HELLO KITTY dishcloth pattern for me. Euphoria quickly ensued and once I get something finished I am going to cast that lovely on! WOO HOO! I even went out and bought some $6 cotton yarn especially for it. (Maria thinks that I have a problem!) I have also attempted to convert this dishcloth pattern into baby blanket size. We will see how this goes, but my engineer boss says that it should work. If not, it's all on his head. Lucky for him there is plenty of room up there as he seems to have misplaced the better part of his hair.

I have had some questions about whether I have gotten my cat yet. Well, as it turns out, my grandmother is a cat stealer. I always suspected this about her, and I was right on the money. Wave a Himalayan cat or a baby around in front of her and she can't be held responsible for her actions.

6 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

You should post a picture of the lovely shawl that you are making for Knit Wit. I'm sure your readers would love to see it, even though I'm also sure they are well aware of Knit Wit's impeccable taste in fashion and all things stylish. :)

Anonymous said...

Finally!!!!!!I was starting to think you didn't love me anymore. When are you going to make me something?? You really are hurting my feelings.

Queen of the Basement said...

Congratulations on finally getting that towel finished. You better get to working on that poncho or the Hello Kitty blanket will never become a reality!!

Recy Vintage & Creations said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Don't question a bald headed engineer! We can fix anything - even knitting design programs.

I an questioning my man-hood working with all of these knitters. I actually want to go to the knitting store to look for yarn for my wife's Christmas present. Don't tell the boys!!!

Anonymous said...

You're right it is hard to work on a project when you don't like the yarn. Almost impossible!

More pictures. :)