Monday, July 17, 2006

A Beauty Modeling a Scarf
























Modeling a scarf in July is not recommended, but here I am doing it anyway, for the good of the readers of my blog! This is another scarf that I have produced for The Think Pink Challenge. I have been crocheting them so that they will be finished quicker and I won't spend too much time away from my Moderne Baby Blanket. It is coming along nicely, as I am on Block 8. It is getting so big, so I don't really like to travel so much with it. Therefore, I didn't take it over to Jason's for a photo shoot last night. I am thinking that I will let the suspense build up and will post the next photo of it when it is finished. Hopefully, that won't be too much longer...

So, I broke down and placed an order with Elann.com on Friday. I am tres excited and can't wait until it arrives!!! I ordered the latest object of my affection, the Denise Interchangeable Needle Kit. I also ordered enough yarn to make two items for Christmas, 3 Birch crochet hooks, and a crochet hook sack.

Here is my scarf trying out to be the Breast Cancer Spokes-scarf:

I have another skein of this same yarn that I am going to use to make another scarf for Think Pink Challenge. I really like the way that this one turned out. I got the basic idea for the scarf from the book, Hooked On Crochet, but I didn't add the fringe or make it 72 inches long.

9 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

The scarf should definitely be considered as the mascot for the Pink campaign as it twists very nicely into the pink ribbon shape. Indeed, I think you should lobby for that. Nice work friend and indeed I cannot wait until the baby blanket is complete and in my possession!

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Sorry... Knit Wit is a nitwit today, apparently. I forgot to log out of my recy name to comment here. OOPS! I hope I haven't thrown your readers for a loop!

Stacie said...

Lovely scarf! I must start my own!

Anonymous said...

Why was I not asked to model the pink scarf?? This is an outrage!! I am insulted!!

Anonymous said...

Nice Scarf. Looks very comfortable and soft. The color wouldn't look good on an ugly bald, hairy man; however, it would keep one warm on a chilly day.

Do they come in camo colors???

Anonymous said...

The scarf is very nice. However it is not nearly as charming as the model!

Anonymous said...

the scarf is lovely and the model very charming.

Chie said...

Hi, Mary Heather!
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. :) You have such a nice blog! I don't wear pink, but I LOVE the color, and my blog has always been pinkish since I first started it. :D
I live in Madison, and I'm all so excited to find another crocheter in MS!

Queen of the Basement said...

You are a scarf-making fool!! I am so excited to see you back to your modeling roots. I wondered if you ever missed the runway.