Monday, July 10, 2006

Progress! and an Evening with Knit Wit

Mostly this weekend I worked on the Moderne Baby Blanket from the Mason Dixon Knitting book that I alluded to last time I posted. I have overcome my fear of picking up stitches and I am now on Block 5!!! I was afraid that the Simply Soft would not hold it's shape, and for the most part, that is true, but I have found that I am able to correct the irregularities when I am picking up stitches. I hope to have it ready for a WIP photo shoot this evening, with a picture to post tomorrow!

Between not working on Brinn's poncho and working on my modern baby blanket I was also able to complete the monthly dishcloth KAL dishcloth:


I went over to Knit Wit's house yesterday evening and watched Prime. The urge to slit my wrists was overwhelming, but luckily I was working with a plastic crochet hook, so no damage to my veins was done. Maria found The Think Pink Challenge and we have both pledged to make some scarves for this worthy cause. I took the scarf I was working on (using Simply Soft Quick in Watermelon) over to Knit Wit's house even though she has an aversion to pink.


She made it through the night unscathed by all of the pink in her domain, but it must have gone to her head because when we went to Wal-Mart so that I could buy another skein of yarn for the scarf, she bought herself a maternity top. (FYI-Knit Wit is not with child.) Said maternity top is cute, I have been forced to admit, but when you get right down to it, it is still a maternity top on a non-maternal girl! For a good laugh you should check out her new blog Deep Thoughts by Knit Wit. It has a very catchy poem about none other than yours truly.

I would show you a picture of the progress that is coming along on Knit Wit's shawl, but so far all I've done is take the yarn out of the bag...

7 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

No, I am indeed not with child but the top is very cute. I'm glad you made that known, although not very clear! I have had several comments on it thus far today and am excited to have it in my possession. And I'm appalled to hear that you have only taken the yarn for my shawl out of the bag. My birthday is in sixteen days. Get to knitting Friend! :)

Anonymous said...

My what a story and what a weird series of events.

Stacie said...

I think I must knit that KAL discloth. I know I promised photos of dishcloths and planned to FINALLY upload today, but I'm having connection issues with my laptop where all the files are located. Thanks too for the link to Think Pink!

Anonymous said...

You better get busy! It's a bad thing to let your friends down by not meeting your commitments!

That watermellon scarf is for a good cause but you have to wear shades to wear it - its going to be loud!!!

Queen of the Basement said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend with knitting and socializing. I am glad we are making these pink scarves. Maybe one day I will get as many projects done as you. You better finish that poncho!!!!! You can do it.

Queen of the Basement said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacie said...

Thanks for commenting. The 195 stitches really isn't too difficult as they disappear at a rate of 10 per row. :)