Monday, July 24, 2006

3 Dishcloths

I finally finished Block 8 on my baby blanket last night. I haven't been working on it as diligently as I should be as I've been distracted by the dishcloth. I don't know what their allure is, but I want to make them all the time. Could it be that my calling is to populate the world with cotton dishcloths???

The Nine Patch from Mason Dixon Knitting:
















This is a fabulous way to use up scraps of cotton from other projects. FABULOUS!

Dishcloth for the Cat Stealer (I love her anyway):















This is from the Best of Lily Dishcloths and I am happy to say it is INTERMEDIATE! Whoo Hoo!!! Now it did take me quite a while to finish it but that is only because I was a chicken and would only do 2 rows at a time. I am fearless now!!

Finally, the Mid-Month KAL for the yahoo group, Monthly Dishcloths:















Stacie helped me on the yarn over's for this one so they finally show up half way though. Maria says that is a dishcloth that I will likely use now that it isn't perfect! She is probably right, and I like it anyway. You can find the pattern here. I find it to be a very delightful pattern and it looks much more complicated than it actually is. Did you cable that dishcloth?? Why, yes I did!

Wednesday is Knit Wit's birthday, the BIG 3-0. I think I'll make her a dishcloth. (The shawl is on hold until Christmas, for anybody that is wondering.)

7 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday dear Knit Wit,
Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Get to knitting friend!

Queen of the Basement said...

I find it perfectly ok to be obsessed with dishcloths. They are quick little items that can be knitted to relieve stress. Therapy in yarn! A glorious thing!

Stacie said...

Your YOs are splendid! But I only provided a small suggestion. Happy dishcloths!

Stacie said...

Thanks for your comment. I need to check out that Lily book. :)

Anonymous said...

Charming knitting done by an equally charming girl!

Jennifer Halm said...

love your ninepatch...I caught that bug also!

Anonymous said...

Where is my dishcloth?? I have never stolen a cat from you!