Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday, Monday

Maria was so covetous of all of the dishcloths that I posted pictures of last week that she went out and bought some Peaches & Creme and forced me to make her these fine examples of dishcloth perfection:

They are just in time for July 4th, and I know that she will get lots of good use out of them when football season rolls around.

Knit Wit has requested this item for her birthday in a month, so maybe I have time to get the yarn and get it finished. I have never made a shawl before so it will be an adventure. I can make no guarantees.

I have begun to get a little freaked out thinking about all of the projects that I want to make for my family and friends for Christmas. I've got to get some yarn ordered and get to knitting and crocheting, otherwise everybody is going to be getting a wrapped up IOU. And let's be honest, that's not fun for anybody.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What am I going to get?? Tell me!!! Tell me!!!

Queen of the Basement said...

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! Not all claims made in the post may be true. Don't believe everything that you read!!

Anonymous said...

I will never believe that the Queen forced you to do anything. You just made those dishcloths because everyone wants to shower her with gifts. I know the truth and it shall set me free!!

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

MAYBE you will have time to get the yarn and get it finished!??!! What!!?!? Knit Wit is not a big fan of "maybe". It is a fine example of knitwear though and I can only imagine how wonderfully sexy hot it will look on Knit Wit's bod.

Knit Wit would also like to agree with your statement that getting an IOU for Christmas is no fun. Indeed it is NOT fun.

Get to knitting, Friend!

Stacie said...

Useful and patriotic! :) I just knit a star shaped dishcloth using the faded glory ombre and the KAL pattern from Monthly Dishcloths. Photo coming soon to my site.