Saturday, June 03, 2006

AC ON!!! (And Other Ramblings)

My AC was finally repaired on Tuesday, thank heavens!!! Unfortunately, on Wednesday afternoon I became incredibly stuffed up and achy and had to stay home from work for the most part of the day on Thursday. Wednesday and Thursday I didn't feel like knitting at all...it was awful! But I have regained some of my strength and have started working on the Baby Genius Burpcloth from the Mason Dixon Knitting book for a lady that I work and bookclub with who is expecting a baby in September. Will post pictures soon as I should be finishing it up before too long however slow it might seem I am going...

Today in the mail I received some beautiful Euroflax Linen in French Blue for the Moss Grid handtowel that is also in the Mason Dixon Knitting book. Everything that I have made from the book so far I have either given as a gift or plan to, but I have a feeling that I am going to be keeping this for myself! I would like to make a whole set, but am going to have to find a more economical substitution for the Euroflax first...although this yarn definitely does go hand in hand with the glamour girl image I try so hard to maintain. :-)

On another note, I am thinking of doing away with all of the throw pillows I have around my house (did I just hear my mother pass out???) and replacing them with pounds of love...any thoughts?

I am not sure that you can tell just how large this skein of yarn is, but let me assure you, it's gigantic.

4 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I have been in the presence of a Pound of Love and they are indeed very large.

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I have been in the presence of a Pound of Love and they are indeed very large.

Anonymous said...

Why are we not receiving more updates about your life and knitting? Where is the description of my felted clutch? Why do you not love us anymore?

Anonymous said...

Why do you tease us so?? 11 days with no update. I can't handle it.