Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Knitty = Trouble for my list

I am probably the last one to discover this but the new Knitty is up. Hooray! Bad news for me though, as it just causes me to discover more and more things that I want to knit. I think that I need to join a 12 step program for people who plan but never actually get anything accomplished. I like a lot of the patterns from this issue...drumroll please...

1. Viveka
2. Lucie
3. Cactus Flower
4. Ivy
5. Serrano
6. Twiggy Tweed
7. Back to School (My heart did a little backflip when I saw those)
8. Ayla

I like the sock patterns as well, but I am not even considering adding them to my list, b/c I am kidding no one, least of all myself. :-)

I know that some knitting patterns have been circulating around on the web for forever, but I haven't been knitting forever so a lot of them are new to me. Therefore I am geeked up to knit Clapotis and Booga Bag. At first I didn't really love Clapotis, but the more I looked at it and the more I convinced myself that I would be able to drop a YO stitch, I realized that I love it. Coupled with the fact that I work in a basement where it is about 65 degrees year round, I am going to make it. Seriously. I have the yarn picked out. (I hope that this is a suitable substitution...those of you in the know, please let me know!)

Because I was so good on my trip and didn't spend all of my trip money I was able to come back home and order yarn! I purchased all of the remaining yarn that I need in order to make the Christmas gifts for my family and friends. I am excited about this and I am hoping that it will make for some more exciting blogging. I so want to have some FOs to dazzle you with!

2 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Yes, Knit Wit would like to go ahead and place an order for an IVY sweater. You can let me know when this item is complete and I will make an appearance to collect it.

Mary Heather said...

It's going to be a while before anybody is getting an Ivy, I'm afraid.