Monday, September 25, 2006

Getting Started

I love to go home and see packages of yarn on my doorstep. You can surely imagine my delight when I went home today and this was waiting on me.

This is Noro Silk Garden and the color is pink/brown 251. I hope that it will one day be my Clapotis.

I also ordered some Noro Kureyon for the Booga J Bag and some Nature Cotton in lavendar for a tank that I saw in the Spring/Summer issue of Knit Simple but that was all on backorder. It's not really like it matters all that much since I have so much Christmas knitting to do. I really don't need to be knitting myself anything at the moment!

I am well on my way to completing two Christmas presents. I thought that Twitterpated would be cute for my two 17 year old cousins.

I still have a little work to do on them and once I get my courage up I will "sew" up the lining and add that along with the handles. The green one is made out of almost 2 skeins of Knitpicks Shine in Green Apple, and the lilac one is made of 1 skein of Cotton Classic. The lilac one is much smaller than intended since I ran out of yarn making it. I had to sew it up using some Lion Brand cotton in a similar color, but that is too dark to use to add the handles. I don't know yet what I am going to do about that!

I found some really cute fabric over the weekend so I got enough to line the purses and anything else for Christmas that might need lining. (I don't want to give too much away. :-) )

I don't really know how to sew so this should be an experience. I found something called "stitch witchery" and I am hoping that I will only have to sew the pocket into the purse instead of having to sew the pocket and sew it into the purse.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Cute fabric! You are braver than me for considering lining!

Anonymous said...

Those purses are adorable and that pink/brown Noro Silk Garden is beautiful!

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

KNIT WIT.... WANT.... SOMETHING.... WITH.... THAT... FABRIC....