Thursday, September 21, 2006

I got a camera!

I finally bought a digital camera of my own, so now I don't have to haul all of my things over to Jason's house to photograph them. I think that this will be great for blogging! Of course there were some stray dishtowels laying around that I'd not yet photographed.

The one on the right is the mid-August KAL from the Yahoo Group, Monthly Dishcloths. I liked the color combo so much that I made a ballband dishcloth to match. (I like to make them with the varigated yarn in the background.)

I also made Jason some dishtowels since he doesn't really use dishcloths. I got a new dishcloth pattern book, Kitchen Kolors, and I LOVE IT. The dishtowel on the left is from that book and then the dishcloth on the right is a modification from the ballband dishcloth.

I got the idea from a woman on the Mason Dixon KAL, but I varied this one up a bit. She did 3 bands on each side but I liked the idea of a definite front and back, so I did 5 bands for the front and then 2 for the back. Best of all, they look cute folded up!

4 comments:

hakucho said...

I love how those towels and dishcoths turned out...very pretty! Aren't they addictive? :)

Stacie said...

The towels look splendid! Once I get out of pumpkin mode, I'll have to try that KAL dishcloth!

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Those dishtowels are super-cute. This Jason character better watch his back... er... kitchen for those.

Calling on Kahlo said...

Those do look adorable folded. Very nice. Hmmmm....