Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Some Exciting News & Some Not So Exciting News

Exciting News: Maria and I are excited and happy to be travelling to her favorite city this Saturday to see our favorite dishcloth knitter, none other than ANN SHAYNE! (Oh I really can't express to you how excited we are.) I am in fact so excited that no words spring forth in order for me to express just how excited I feel.

Not So Exciting News: I made myself a very detailed timeline so that I would feel confident that I could get everything completed for Christmas in time. I then decided that I didn't want to have to work under those conditions so I am just going to get what I can completed. If you are expecting a present from me, don't fret, I will get to it eventually. (I am not thinking of it as giving presents late, more like making the holidays last a little bit longer.)

I have also had to choose some different items to give to some individuals (three!) due to the fact that 3 x 75 does not equal 256. I don't know how I ever thought that it did, but due to this error I am somewhat short on yarn yardage. One situation has been rectified by choosing another project and already completing it*. One will be ok because I had a little more than 3 skeins, so it will just be a little smaller. One I am going to have to start all over from scratch. Ugh. This is very disheartening b/c the receiver really would have liked what I was going to make.

I guess I am off to search for patterns and see what I can make with 225 yards of worsted weight yarn that is not a dishcloth.

*Pictures to come soon as my camera took a vacation to New Orleans and has not yet come back home.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

You are going to meet THE ANN!!!! I'm so green with envy!

Anonymous said...

MY GIFT BETTER NOT BE LATE!!!! I BETTER GET MINE ON TIME!!!!!

Anonymous said...

SEE YOU GOT ME SO MAD I CAN'T EVEN SPELL MY NAME RIGHT

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

In MY world, 3 x 75 equals 256...

DUH!!