Friday, October 13, 2006

Alert: Adorable Baby Hat!!!

This is the Children's Cotton Hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and is going to Ella, the brand new baby of a friend of Jason's. Seeing as this is only my second attempt to make an item using dpns I would say that it is spectacular! Of course there are a few imperfections, but laddering was kept to a minimum. Hooray!

I used size 8 dpns (b/c I unlike some people can admit that I knit tightly) and 1 skein of Mission Falls 1824 Cotton in 805 Lemongrass. This yarn just happens to be the featured yarn this month at my fabulous LYS, Hanging By a Thread, so I got a very cute baby gift for $4!!! I am definitely going to go back and get some more of this while they are running the sale! It is so soft, comes in about 20 different colors, and 1 skein will make a baby, toddler, or child sized hat in this pattern.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable hat!

Love it!

Stacie said...

EXTREMELY CUTE and WELL KNIT!

Calling on Kahlo said...

That is so cute! What is ironic is I just made two of those this week and posted on my blog as well today. I love the hat and it is so easy to make. Nice and quick.

Anonymous said...

You are getting to be a very skilled knitter. The hat is very cute. And they are not imperfections. They are how you sign your piece. :-)

I've got to get those patterns I promised you to you. I'll try to copy them this week and get a box in the mail to you.