Monday, October 16, 2006

Kerchiefy Fun

A friend of mine and Maria's is going to be doing the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer this weekend in Atlanta and since I am such a thoughty person I made her a kerchief like she has been wanting. She is a part-time knitter (ha) and had tried to make herself a more complicated one but since I was under a time constraint and didn't have said pattern on hand I used the Kerchief pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (can you tell that I just got a copy?) and some Sugar n Cream cotton that I had on hand. (Of course!)

Obviously I had to make some modifications due to the differing guages of the called for yarn and the SnC yarn otherwise it would have been more shawlish. It is really too small for her to wear around her head (made to the measurements given in the book) unless she wants to pin it into place, but she thinks that it will be extra handy for any sweating emergencies that are sure to come up during her 3-day, 60 mile walk.

I am only too glad that I could help. :-)

And because I am nothing but a shameless tease, here is one pic from this past Saturday that was spent with the lovely and adorable ANN SHAYNE in Memphis, TN. I promise that I will give a very detailed account of the fun time that ensued tomorrow. You will all surely hate me once I tell it because it was so fab. :-) :-)

2 comments:

Queen of the Basement said...

Bring on the SHAYNE!!!!!!!

Stacie said...

Nice Kerchief! I have a pattern for a kerchief with beads knit with KPPPM that you could borrow!