Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Great Outdoors

No, this is not a mirage you are seeing. This is me sitting out in front of a tent! Believe it or not! I am not the outdoorsy type at all, but my fella is, so one makes compromises...he goes shopping with me, I camp with him. You can't tell from the photograph I am busily working on a crochet dishcloth for Jason's oldest sister, Laura. She is having a birthday party on Saturday and I am going to be equipped with all of my gift this time...there will be no promises of things to come like I did on Mother's Day. I was actually able to finish said dishcloth ( I will post photos later, when they are ALL complete) but I didn't start another because I didn't think that Laura would appreciate opening her lovely handmade gift and it being slightly reminiscent of bug spray. What can I say, I am a buffet for the insect population. :-(

Now, you may be asking yourself, WHY? Why was Mary Heather out camping? This is why:
Jason was taking part in a mountain bike race. He is quite outdoorsy, I must say...But all in all, a fun time was had by all. Thankfully it wasn't too hot and other than a round with a flying beetle and some disconcerting noises by some turkeys in the middle of the night, everything went A-OK. Yes, I may have a biology degree, but I still don't want a beetle as big as my hand landing on my shoulder, OK!!! I mean, there is a reason I studied PLANTS!!!

I hope to have my dishcloths finished on Friday, a whole day early! I will post their school pictures when they are complete.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I hope the pattern worked out. :)

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Hello Nature Girl,

I am very impressed that you slept out in the wild blue younder but I suppose that my manly man of a brother was there to protect you from turkeys and beetles. Turkeys and beetles are, after all, his specialty, so you were in good hands. (Good hands... ha! Bad girl...) I'm impressed that you took your knitting out-of-doors and knit in the wilderness but that is good too. You are dedicated to your craft. So.... where's my handiwork???

Yours forever and truly,

Knit Wit :)