Thursday, August 10, 2006

At Long Last!

I am happy to report that the Moderne Log Cabin Baby Blanket has been finished and presented as a gift to my co-worker. It received quite a gathering and all were impressed! Yea!! I am very excited to be finished with it!

I made some obvious modifications from the layout in the Mason Dixon Knitting Book. I did not add Block 10 and shortened Block 9 significantly because it was getting to be so big! (And because I was ready to be finished with it!) Since I am such a "rule follower" this was really hard for me to do, but I consulted with Maria and she felt that it was big enough as well. I forgot to measure it but I think that it is probably close to 36"x24". (I used Caron Simply Soft and size 8 needles.)

I have enough yarn left over from this blanket to perhaps make a traditonal log cabin blanket if I add another color to go along with it. What luck! I also happen to have a random skein of Simply Soft in blue! Of course I need to get to working on some Christmas projects and since I finished this "big" project I am free to start another.

My boss happened upon a yarn sale and brought me and Maria some yarn. I don't know what she is going to make with hers but I am considering this and this. The first I am going to keep for myself as I think that it is tres cute and the second I may give as a gift.

Maria is going to Memphis to pick up a co-worker of ours today and she is freaking out...Needless to say, she is not excited about this trip. Too bad she won't get to drive the van, that would probably make her feel better...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tres magnifique!

Stacie said...

LOVELY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to have another baby!!!!

Queen of the Basement said...

Very lovely, Mary. Of course with me as a consultant you can never go wrong.

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Makes me want to have another baby too... :) Ha. Actually, it would be FAB in some deeper colors as a lap quilt. Very Frank Lloyd Wright and Mondrian. Knit Wit will gladly take one of those. :)

nancy said...

Sooooooooo beautiful. Also, I want to thank you for being the first comment on my new blog

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your blog address. You really do love those dishcloths! And this blanket is lovely. See you next week!