Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I Really Should Be Knitting...

Since I have already given my mother her Mother's Day present, I am not really planning on knitting her anything, but I am in the process of making something for my grandmother, Mimi, and my aunt, Tracy (She is going to be having her birthday on Mother's Day this year and as my favorite aunt, I didn't want to leave her out). I like this sand stitch kitchen set, so I am making one set for each of them. So far I have two and a half of the cloths made. I am averaging about one per day during my tv watching in the evenings, but at this pace I am not sure that I will be ready by Sunday!

Excitingly enough, on Friday, my boss is actually letting a co-worker and myself travel outside of the building! (Our destination: St. Jude's to deliver some assay plates) While she is driving us I may just bring my knitting, so all hope for finishing my project in time is not lost. (She has vowed not to let me do any driving because she doesn't think that I will transition very well from a VW Beetle to a 12 passenger van. She routinely drives an Expedition, who am I to argue??) We will also be dropping off some traveling scholars at the airport on this our maiden jaunt of official business. She keeps saying that she can't believe they are letting us out of the building with the van key and the gas card...I say we are completely reliable girls!!!

1 comment: