Thursday, May 18, 2006

Baby Bib for Brinn

My friend, Liz, had a baby back in December and while I gave her some adorable items for said baby, I had made no handknit for this child. UNTIL NOW. I think that this might be the cutest baby bib in the entire world, and I am not just saying that because I sprained my index finger while knitting the first row.

This bib pattern is from the Mason Dixon knitting book. However, a very talented, and obviously forward thinking gal on the MasonDixonKAL thought of adding the ruffle. Nice idea! She posted how to achieve the ruffle and I quickly took to it. The cast on was an obscene amount of stitches (to me). Since I am very slow at that, it took me about 30 mintes. Due to the fact that I also cast on INCREDIBLY tight, the result was the afore mentioned sprained index finger. Being ever so brave, I was able to push through the pain and accomplish the magnificent handknit. (It's a good thing this kid is cute.)

On a more charitable note, Maria, the demon possessed van driver, is a new knitter and has been inspired to knit blankets for the tots at St. Jude's after our sojourn there last week. She recruited me and then sent her hubby to Tupelo to pick up 2 pounds of love. I don't want her to get too excited when she reads this, but maybe we can borrow the van to deliver the blankets!

3 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

That is truly the cutest bib ever, friend. And yes, Brinn is incredibly cute. :)

Stacie said...

Cute bib!

Just a warning about the crochet dishcloth pattern--it isn't perfect. Just approximate it; I usually end up fudging the numbers in the second row, and it works out fine.

Anonymous said...

Why can't I ever drive the van??